How do I know if bankruptcy is right for me?
Call the Covington Personal Bankruptcy Attorneys of Michael E. Plummer & Associates
Every day, we at the law firm of Michael E. Plummer & Associates have the opportunity to talk to people going through difficult times. Many of the people who come to our office are unsure about whether or not bankruptcy is right for them. Filing for bankruptcy is a very important step in your life. Therefore you should not make the decision without giving the matter a lot of thought.
When you are thinking about whether or not you should file for bankruptcy, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you behind on your mortgage? Are you facing foreclosure right now, or is it likely that you will be facing foreclosure shortly? If this is the case, do you want to stay in your home?
- Do you face repossession on your automobile?
- Are your wages being garnished?
- Do you have large credit card bills or health care bills? Are you unable to make payments on these bills?
- Have you tried and failed to make arrangements with your creditors to pay your bills?
- If you have answered “yes” to any of these questions, it is very possible that bankruptcy is a solution for you.
At our law firm, our lawyers understand that bankruptcy is not a “one size fits all” solution. We will not advise you to pursue bankruptcy unless we are confident that bankruptcy relief is in your best interests. Our attorneys will look closely at your financial records and ask you a number of questions to help you determine whether bankruptcy is your best option to get the debt relief you need.