Getting Started with Michael E. Plummer & Associates
Here’s what you’ll need to begin the bankruptcy process. Don’t worry if you have questions, we’re here to help.
We will need the following documents to file your case. If you don’t have them all feel free to come by and we can discuss your issues and get the documents later.
- 2019-2020 federal and state returns (or 2020 – 2021 if completed)
- Recorded deed to home (if you own or are purchasing)
- Recorded mortgage(s) from Courthouse records room in the county in which property is located (For Hamilton County, OH, residents, we can get your Deed and mortgage on line, so we will save you a trip to the Courthouse)
- Title to your motor vehicle showing the liens, if any
- Paystubs in order from the prior six months – to current in order, please.
- All the bills you have. If you don’t have a bill, just write their name on a sheet of paper I have 50,000 addresses of creditors. One bill from each creditor is ok, not ten bills from Saint Elizabeth, for example. The amount you owe is also not important, as long as I send them a letter they will be discharged.
Please go to annualcreditreport.com and get ONE of your three free reports that will make sure all your bills are included.
If you want to pay the fees for a Chapter 7 in advance the total legal fee is 657.00 (typically) and court costs is 338.00 or 995.00 will pay your costs in full. You can make payments at an amount convenient to you and can start referring your creditors to us today.
However, if you desire to file your case now by paying the $338.00 federal court costs down, then we can set up the fee of $1,238 over a three month period. You would pay $338.00 court costs down then 300.00 when your case is filed, $300.00 on or before your court date in 30 days and the balance of $300.00 would be due 30 days later.
If You Have Been Garnished over $600.00 within the last 90 days we can usually recover your money for a small additional fee and that can be applied to the legal fee and any balance due refunded to you.
If you are filing Chapter 13, you may only be required to pay the federal filing fee of $338 down to file your case (depending on the circumstances). The legal fees are set by the Bankruptcy Court and are paid from your monthly plan payment over a period of up to 60 months.